The Institute has created a long-term priority research directions, that cover neuromedicine and maxillofacial surgery – stomatology. The working group of the institute has presented four doctoral programs based on fundamental research in medicine.
PhD Programs in Stomatology and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Treatment of maxillofacial inflammatory diseases with bone marrow mesenchymal stem sells. Leading professor of the program – Associate Professor Ketevan Gogilashvili.
- Stem cells and osteoplastic material usage in combination in maxillofacial trauma for reparatory regeneration, Leading professor of the program – Full Professor Giorgi Menabde and Assistant Professor Irakli Amiranashvili.
PhD Programs in Neuromedicine
- Ephedrine Encephalopathy Manganum Parkinsonism , its medical and social aspects
- Head and Face aches and its influence on life quality and cognitive disorders
Professors Marina Janelidze, Giorgi Menabde and Irakli Amiranashvili participate in the project .
Experiments on laboratory white rats are started. On the first stage the anatomic study of the animals are completed, then the following models are established:
- Maxillofacial defects modeling
- Alveolar ridge atrophy defects modeling
- Causes of inflammations of mucous membrane mouth cavity
- Modeling of various diseases of mucous membrane mouth cavity