Internship Opportunity for undergduate students
Open to: All Georgian Students
Position: Intern for Public Affairs Section
Opening date: November 25, 2009
Closing Date: December 9, 2009
Work Hours: Part-time, 20-30 hrs per week
Length of Hire: December 2009 - June 2010
NOTE: All information and statements submitted for an internship vacancy are subject to verification. Any willful misstatements will result in elimination for internship consideration, and if the individual is hired, subject to immediate termination irrespective of the length of internship.
This is NOT an offer of Federal Employment;
There will be NO benefits;There will be NO COMPENSATION;
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists Public Affairs Section (PAS) staff according to current needs and activities. The intern will rotate among the individual divisions within the PAS section, to include Information Research, Press, Cultural, Education and Grants divisions;
• Contributes to post's outreach program, including making presentations at American Corners and other locations;
• Assists PAS staff in arranging events, including preparing guest lists and invitations, coordinating with vendors and making site arrangements, providing translation/interpretation services, greeting guests, taking photographs and ensuring the event runs smoothly;
• Assists PAS staff with clerical and administrative tasks such as escorting visitors, providing refreshments to visitors, coordinating exhibitions at the Embassy, filing, photocopying, and other related duties;
• Must be an undergraduate student at any higher education institution in Georgia and be advanced in his/her studies towards a university degree with a major including but not limited to: American studies, Public Administration, International Relations, Journalism, English or Library Science;
• Level IV (Fluent) speak/read/write Georgian and English is required; Georgian - native;
• Must be able to organize office records, prepare correspondence; get along well with colleagues; deal tactfully with contacts.
Interested applicants for this position must mail or fax the following to HR Office:
(i) Application for Internship/Resume;
(ii) Statement of Interest;
(iii) Written permission from high school/college/university and letter of recommendation;
(iv) Transcript of academic studies.
MAIL APPLICATION TO:
Human Resources Office
11 George Balanchine Street
Zip Code: 0131
Fax: (995-32) 277707
All applications must have the Position Title identified.
Closing Date for this position is: December 9,2009
Embassy Tbilisi is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Richard A. MarshHuman